Do YOU Know Where the River Is?
The Boise River is more than just a pretty place – much more. Join The River Guy as he makes sure we know where the Boise River is: in our romance, in our food, in our culture and in our whole way of life. You’ll see the Boise River through new eyes as you use this website to discover the many benefits of the Boise River and the ecosystem it supports.
- Visit Health and Wellness to learn about the local food and outdoor activities provided by the Boise River.
- Visit Culture and Heritage to see the cultural landscape of the Boise River and enjoy art inspired by the river.
- Visit Education and Research to learn about the outdoor classroom and laboratory provided by the Boise River.
- Visit Wild Plants and Animals to find the wild things in and near the Boise River.
- Visit Irrigation and Agriculture to understand how the Boise River contributes to our economic health.
Please use this website to understand how to cherish the Boise River so it continues to feed, inspire, surprise and soothe us.
Idaho Rivers United will help us protect our Boise River, but we each have a job to do.
Sign the River Pledge today to show that you cherish the Boise River and promise to take action to keep it clean and healthy.
In Your Culture
Director: Andy Lawless, Hipshot Productions
Creative: Andy Lawless, Dwayne Blackaller, Jodi Peterson
Actors: Dwayne Blackaller and Pat Lawless
River Guy’s dog: Eddy Sedivy
Project Manager and Producer of Video Campaign: Jodi Peterson
Production Assistance: Dan Allers, Idaho Cinematic Equipment
Sound: Dylan Lawless
In Your Culture was filmed with the much-appreciated cooperation of:
Boise State University: Office of the President, Department of Athletics, Office of Trademark, Licensing and Enforcement, and Facilities Management
The Office of the Mayor and Boise Mayor Dave Bieter
Boise Department of Parks and Recreation
Steve Hatten, Kathleen McRoberts, Halle Hatten, Harrison Hatten and Heidi Hatten
Max and Sam Peterson
Support for the Where’s the River? project is provided by the Bullitt Foundation, United Water Idaho, Mountain West Bank and the members of Idaho Rivers United.
Produced by Idaho Rivers United